ASM Medical Materials Database
The ASM Medical Materials Database is the result of a collaboration between Granta and ASM International, the world’s largest professional society for materials engineers. It is the only database that combines material properties and biological response data of materials with data on the FDA-approved devices using each material.
Watch the video for a 2-minute overview.
Why is it a valuable resource?
With regular comprehensive updates, this data module is ideal for in-depth research into materials options, combining engineering materials properties and biomedical response data with application information. You can:
- Enjoy immediate access to critical materials information, including from previously approved (i.e., ‘predicate’) devices
- Screen, analyze, select and source candidate materials and coatings for device applications and associated compatible drugs—including rapid selection against user-defined criteria
- Identify materials based on how they have been used previously and quickly identify potential engineering and biocompatibility issues
- Analyse recalls data to check for known materials challenges
- Reduce time, cost, and risk in design and certification, and get new insights in the design process
- Trace all data back to published literature, FDA device approvals information, or manufacturers’ datasheets and websites—and open these directly from the database pages.
What’s in it?
|Materials information||Application information|
|Engineering properties||Materials used – for individual devices, and for generic types of devices|
|Biological response data||FDA data including: 510k, PMA approvals; guidance documents; classification information; recalls|
|Application areas||Biocompatibility testing|
|Approved devices using each material||International regulatory information|