Driving Product Engineering Success with Material Intelligence in Automotive
May 23, 2019 at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm BST
- This event has passed.
The digitalization of materials knowledge is critical to automotive companies who want to drive innovation, and avoid risks and delays in product development. Through case studies and demonstrations, we’ll show you how to create a ‘gold source’ corporate materials database and connect it to your key engineering software systems, guaranteeing accurate, consistent materials data when and where you need it.
What you will learn
- Create a ‘single source of the truth’ for materials
- Get the right data on assignment, e.g., to enable simulations or generate drawings
- Analyze where materials are used in products to prioritize work and support impact analyses
- Make it easy to update materials, with common assignment and reporting across PLM, CAD, and CAE
- Avoid delays and inconsistencies by linking the material datasets used in CAD and CAE.
Who should take part?
- Attribute Owners and Project Leaders of Interior, Exterior and Powertrain: Find out why material intelligence is an emerging strategic issue for Automotive OEMs and Tier 1s, and what other organizations are doing about it in the context of business processes, simulation, and PLM.
- Managers responsible for Materials: See how to maximize return on investment from materials testing and analysis, and deploy the results for greatest impact across their organizations.
- Engineers responsible for Simulation: See how other organizations avoid wasted time and investment in virtual product development.
- Innovation Teams: Hear vital information management support in areas such as Additive Manufacturing and Composites.