Additive Manufacturing — Understanding critical process parameters and supporting the digital thread
February 15, 2018 at 10:00 am UTC+0
- This event has passed.
Do you want to make Additive Manufacturing (AM) a standard manufacturing method in your organization? Join this webinar to learn about some key challenges you must meet, particularly to manage and apply AM project data, and to ensure that you will ultimately be able to provide the right information to design and simulation teams. We’ll discuss experience of working with organizations taking AM parts into production.
You will also hear about the publication of a summary of Granta’s AM data schema: information you can download to help you to plan for AM projects.
What you will learn
- Understand the importance of the ‘digital thread’: the aim of delivering traceable, consistent information to downstream engineers and analysts, for example, within CAD, CAE and PLM
- Hear about best practice for the management of AM project data, with examples
- See how to capture and manage all relevant data needed for process traceability, optimization and analysis; e.g., data about powders, builds, machine sensors, test data, simulation, and design
- Learn how to leverage and mine that information to optimize your process by visualizing critical process-property relationship
- Decide whether you could benefit from Granta’s AM data schema document, summarizing 8 years of experience working with AM process parameters; the document could help you plan your data management strategy, or support discussions about AM data standards: download it after the webinar