GRANTA EduPack is a unique set of teaching resources that support Materials Education across Engineering, Design, Science and Sustainable Development.
GRANTA EduPack provides:
- a comprehensive database of materials and process information,
- powerful materials software tools, and
- a range of supporting resources: e.g. lectures, projects, and exercises.
GRANTA EduPack is divided into three levels so that students access a suitable level of materials information as they progress through their studies i.e. from pre-university up to postgraduate courses. For materials selection in research, find out about GRANTA Selector.
It has also been designed to support a wide variety of teaching styles from the design-led and science-led approaches to problem-based teaching. You can read more about this support here.
Benefits of GRANTA EduPack:
- Enjoy teaching engaged students using interactive, visual software
- Teach transferable skills, including rational materials selection
- Save time finding reliable materials data
- Keep courses up-to-date with the latest resources and data (recent additions cover sustainability and Additive Manufacturing)
- Use self-study resources to stretch stronger students and to help others catch up
- Apply real industrial case studies
- Encourage inter-disciplinary learning, communication, and sharing of resources
Some ways in which CES EduPack can help your teaching
Get reliable information
Educators often need materials information: property data or application information to illustrate a lecture, comparative data between materials, data sets for student projects. The GRANTA EduPack database contains an unrivalled library of reliable materials information.
Systematic materials selection
Choosing the right material for an engineering application, or finding a suitable replacement, is a key skill in industry. GRANTA EduPack makes it easy to learn and apply the rational selection methodology pioneered by Prof Mike Ashby, the standard approach to this problem.
Support design projects
Project-based teaching is valuable for Engineering, Design, and Science degrees. Students synthesize knowledge and learn professional skills like teamwork, communication, and project management. With data, tools, and resources such as project ideas and student exercises, GRANTA EduPack supports this learning.
Teach sustainable development
Engineering curricula increasingly require coverage of sustainability. This is a complex, multi-disciplinary subject, and introducing it to students can be a challenge. GRANTA EduPack provides tools, sustainability-related data, and a methodology to help.
Introduce materials science & engineering
Support introductory teaching of Materials Science and Engineering topics with a set of resources that allows students to explore the relationships between the Processing, Structure and Properties of materials.