Contents: Introductory and advanced materials data and supporting information for around 4,000 materials. Eco Audit Tool to enable study of environmental impact.
Applicable to: Courses in General and Mechanical Engineering, Materials, Civil Engineering, Manufacturing.
- Understand classes of materials, their properties, and the underlying reasons for those properties.
- Understand the interaction between materials and manufacturing processes and how this affects selection and design.
- Understand systematic selection of materials and processes using constraints and objectives.
- Awareness of the impact of products on the environment and how to design in a way that reduces this impact.
- Identify solutions to real engineering problems (e.g. in capstone design projects) using comprehensive materials and process data.