What is it?
- Broad coverage of materials classes: Metals, Plastics, Ceramics, Fluids, Semiconductors, PCB laminates, Magnetic Materials, Woods, Composites, Glasses, Foams.
- More than 700 datasheets detailing physical, electrical, and magnetic properties to support ANSYS simulation.
- Fully integrated: find the data you need and instantly apply them without leaving your ANSYS tool.
What is in it?
Room temperature physical properties of the following types for all materials:
- Linear, isotropic elastic (Young’s modulus and Poisson’s ratio).
- Thermomechanical (thermal expansion coefficient).
- Thermal (thermal conductivity and specific heat capacity).
Where relevant: electrical, and magnetic materials for many materials, including electrical conductivity, dielectric constant, dissipation factor, magnetic coercivity and permeability, core loss, B-H curves.
Many materials also include temperature-dependent properties.
Users of ANSYS Maxwell can access an additional resource of 500+ producer-specific grades of magnetic material.
What is it used for?
Provides the materials property data you need for structural and electromagnetic analysis.
Where does it come from?
This new dataset is drawn from the industry-standard Granta materials data library. The data are collated and maintained by the Granta data products team and based on proven sources, including Granta’s comprehensive MaterialUniverse database and the JAHM dataset from JAHM Software, Inc. Ongoing updates will extend the coverage of the data.