European Copper Institute
Intern'l Platinum Assoc
Materials Technology Inst.
UK Steel Association
Customer listing »
- Apply integrated tools to manage, organize, analyze, and publish specialist materials information
- Provide your users with simple web-browser access
- Combine and connect varied information types—structured and unstructured text, numbers, spreadsheets, charts, images, and graphs, including specialist resources such as design curves
- Benefit from advanced features to manage deployment, including access control and security
If you are a publisher, trade association, professional society, government laboratory, or industry consortium working in the field of materials or manufacturing, it is likely that you want to publish materials information or data to end-users. But if you have ever tried publishing materials information on the web or on CD, you will know it is not as straightforward as it might appear! Effective publishing also requires you to make this information easy to access, understand, and use. To succeed, you must address the critical issues of the end-user of the system, as well as meeting your own key objectives.
And you want the overall project to be cost effective. Granta's solution successfully deals with all of these issues.
GRANTA MI for publishing materials information
GRANTA MI is the leading materials information management system, providing tools to capture, control, analyze, and publish materials data. You can use GRANTA MI to build materials information resources and to make these available via a simple-to-use but well-controlled web-browser interface. Features include:
- Easy-to-use web access
- An underlying relational database and straightforward publishing tools that make it easy to connect related pedigree or contextual information
- Integrated searching, material comparison, and reporting tools
- Easy export to CAE and other software
- Automatic unit system conversion
- Tools to view and manage numeric, text, image, and graph data
- Embedded media capabilities enabling inclusion of any document type—PDF, Excel, Word...
- Access control and security
- Flexible data management—authorized users can add and edit information from multiple locations and use tools to summarize and analyze data
A clever search capability will be of great value to publishers who wish to provide materials information online via a GRANTA MI-hosted system. Such data resources can be searched by Google and similar search engines, with the publisher choosing what data is shown and what remains hidden. This means publishers can generate more interest in their information resources without exposing all of their data.
Our expertise in publishing materials information derives in part from our own experience of deploying materials data products to a range of user groups including in aerospace design, medical devices, and plastics. This means that not only do you benefit from this experience, but the GRANTA MI system may already be familiar to many of your users. You can also offer your users the benefit of integrated access to your information, along with Granta information, and third party data. Granta works with publishing organizations and scientific or engineering societies to construct information systems tailored to meet their needs. Our services include creating customized systems, migration of data into these systems, and authoring of supporting information.