A Granta White Paper
The Business Case for Materials Information Management in Medical Device Design
Sarah Egan and Stephen Warde
© 2012, Granta Design
Less risk of product recalls, faster time-to-market, greater R&D productivity, and improved regulatory submissions
Materials information, its management and use, can have a profound impact on medical device organizations. In this paper, we explain why, and examine the potential benefits of best practice. These returns include:
- Reducing the risk of product recalls that potentially incur multi-million dollar costs.
- Cutting weeks or months from time-to-market for medical device products. Time-to-market is a key determinant of profitability for high tech companies.
- Freeing up engineering time to do more productive work—our estimates for a typical device company of $1bn revenues suggest potential gains exceed $500,000.
- Making better products that can increase your market share.
- Improving traceability for vital data, helping you to increase customer satisfaction and cut regulatory approval times.
You just need to leave your details on our simple form and you will be sent a link to download your copy of this short booklet.