The GRANTA MI:Restricted Substances Package
Assess business risk:
- Identify where restricted substances are (or may be) in your production parts, process materials, and surface treatments
- Assess risk of materials obsolescence during the production lifecycle
Design out risk by enabling designers to:
- Account for current and future global legislation when selecting materials and processes
- Substitute materials or coatings to replace obsolete materials or processes
Augment existing business systems to build a powerful enterprise-wide solution:
- Provide tools in designers' native environments, such as CAD and PLM
- Apply the GRANTA MI tools to existing corporate data (e.g., Bills of Materials)
What is the GRANTA MI:Restricted Substances package?
A package of GRANTA MI software modules and supporting data that creates an integrated solution to assess and manage risk due to restricted substance regulations. Track global legislation, link this information to materials, and inform selection and substitution decisions in design—all in order to deliver your long-term compliance strategy.
Restricted substance legislation has proliferated in markets worldwide in the last ten years and poses a major challenge for engineering enterprises. Increasing concerns include:
- undocumented change by your supply chain
- costly product redesign due to substance, material, or process obsolescence
- the potential costs of non compliance (even the possibility of product recall and associated brand damage).
Understanding your exposure to these risks and mitigating for them, preferably early in the product design stage, is becoming an essential component of ‘business as usual'. GRANTA MI not only helps you to assess the impact of current legislation on production and process materials and coatings in the markets you supply, it also provides tools that support compliance and risk management strategy for future products across your enterprise. Integration with existing business systems (e.g., CAD, PLM and ERP) embeds these capabilities into the workflows of designers and engineers.
There are four key components:
|1.||Restricted substance reference data||Restricted Substances data module—regularly-updated reference data that tracks current and potential regulations and related substances. More »
Coatings data module—a growing information resource on coatings, their properties, and applications. More »
|2.||The GRANTA MI system||The core capabilities of GRANTA MI let you to manage in-house materials and substance data and link it to reference data to create an integrated restricted substance information resource. More »|
|3.||MI:Restricted Substances tools||INPUT restricted substance-related data.
REPORT to enable risk assessment and management.
SELECT and SUBSTITUTE materials in design.
|4.||MI:Materials Gateway||Build an integrated solution with your PLM, CAD, or ERP systems. More »|