CES Selector training
A revised CES Selector training program aims to make it even easier for new users to get up-to-speed with CES Selector, and for experienced users to get the most from their system. Options include:
- 'Introduction to CES' (1.5 hour web meeting)—Overview of selection methodology, highlights key features and frequently used tools. Session includes: presentations, demonstrations, and material selection case studies.
- 'Introduction to CES + customer case study' (2 hour web meeting)—As above, plus one customer-based case study.
- 'CES Selector workshop' (1 day, on-site)—Review of selection methodology, material indices, key software features and frequently used tools. Includes: presentations, demonstrations and hands-on customer case studies.
We can also help you with any aspect of the implementation or use of Granta software. Please contact us to discuss your individual requirements.
Short online training sessions, at no additional cost for current users
If you have not already signed up for this series,
please register here to receive your individual ID and password in advance of each session »
All CES Selector users are invited to participate in online training sessions. Held on alternate months, the sessions include presentations and practical demonstrations, followed by questions and answers with Granta experts. There is no cost for attending these hour-long web training events, which will show you how to make the most of your CES Selector software to give you the competitive advantage in materials strategy.
If you are a user of CES Selector, please sign up for our next short training session:
|Tue, Jul 2, 2013||3pm London
(Paris, Berlin, etc.)
|Adding in-house and custom data
More details »
|Normally* First Tuesday of
|This is your training: let us know what topics you would like us to cover next!|
While Granta is able to supply highly comprehensive materials reference data, you will often want to build on this, adding in-house data, supplier data on specific grades, the latest material developments, or perhaps the latest 'wonder material' publicized in the press… This session will look at different options for adding data and when each technique should be used. Whether you have been using CES Selector for many years, or have only recently started working with it, register for the regular training sessions (at no additional cost) to be kept up to date with agendas and joining instructions.
Once registered, you will receive automated joining instructions from the e-mail address email@example.com in advance of each session. You may like to add this address to your 'safe senders' or 'whitelist' to ensure that you always receive your user id and password in your inbox. Feel free to invite your colleagues to register—they will also need their individual registration ID to be able to join the session.
- May 2013, Hints and tips – How to get the most out of CES Selector
- Mar 2013, Use of the Hybrid Synthesizer for lightweight design
- Jan 2013, Metals equivalency and replacement
- Nov 2012, Polymer selection & replacement
- Sep 2012, What's New in CES Selector 2013
- Jul 2012, How to use Performance Indices to identify optimal materials
- May 2012, Selection and Substitution using CES Selector
- Mar 2012 Environmentally informed design
- Jan 2012 Using the new reference data for CES Selector ( StahlDat SX & Firehole Composites)
- Nov 2011 Development and optimization of materials and structures
- Sep 2011 What's New in CES Selector 2012
- July 2011 Visualization and Positioning of Materials
- May 2011 Polymer selection and substitution
- Mar 2011 Performance Index finder
- Jan 2011 Environmentally informed design