May 21-24, SIMULIA Community Conference (Vienna, Austria)
May 21, Using CES Selector with GRANTA MI (webinar)
May 22, Meeting materials challenges for wind turbines (webinar, guest speaker from Vestas)
May 23, Supporting accreditation criteria for engineering programs (webinar, guest speaker from University of North Florida)
May 28, Manipulating properties: material and process trajectories on property charts (webinar, guest speaker from Cambridge University)
Berlin, May 18, 2006
Rolls-Royce Speaks at Berlin MDMC Workshop
The second in the series of MDMC workshops took place alongside the Berlin Air Show on May 18, 2006.
Rolls-Royce were the keynote speaker organization, describing progress with their phased implementation of an enterprise materials information management system. Jeff Sickmeier from Rolls-Royce explained the issues that they faced in managing, analyzing, and applying materials information. He described the solution that Rolls-Royce, via its membership of the MDMC, helped to specify and identified its key features from the Rolls-Royce perspective. These included tools to enable:
- consolidation of materials databases across the corporation
- removal of duplicate and inconsistent data, integration of legacy data
- accessibility to approved materials data on a global basis, compliant with import/export control, regulations, and security requirements
- compliance with corporate PLM/PDM strategy
- improved 'customer' (e.g., design engineer) visibility of data through a user friendly system.
Dr Will Marsden of Granta and the MDMC provided an interactive demonstration of the system.
The next opportunity to discuss the Rolls-Royce experience and see the GRANTA MI system is at the Farnborough, UK workshop on 18 July.