| A competitive salary
non-contributory pension (12.5%)
|Health and insurance benefits
|A friendly team
|Flexible working hours
| Joining us in Cambridge?
We have a newly-refurbished city center office, parking, cycle racks, and proper tea & coffee!
Great reasons to work at Granta
We use the latest software technologies to enable better product design—Granta Design is a world-leader in developing information technology solutions that help manufacturing companies to innovate, to make products safer and more efficient, and to minimize environmental impact.
Successful, open, flexible, committed to our staff—We are profitable and growing rapidly. A spin-off from Cambridge University, we offer a unique product and have a great reputation as a company that is open, entrepreneurial, and flexible. We provide a high level of autonomy to individuals, realising that motivated and committed staff are the key to our success.
A great place to work—Based in the beautiful city of Cambridge, we offer a friendly, informal work environment and a great chance to advance your career by joining a growing, high-calibre team of software engineers, scientists, engineers, and other professionals at an exciting point in the company's development.
Excellent benefits—Granta's generous benefits package includes a pension contribution of 12.5% of base salary, health and insurance benefits, and the chance to share in our success through an employee share option scheme.
Types of Career at Granta
Find out about opportunities for bright, enthusiastic, committed people with a background in the following areas:
- Software development »
- Materials science/engineering, mechanical engineering »
- Sales and marketing of high technology products/software »
We also offer summer placements and longer internships. Find out more »
For an idea of the types of careers available at Granta you may also want to view the jobs archive »
10 more reasons to work at Granta
We asked our software team for the reasons why they enjoy developing software at Granta. This is what they said:
- We work alongside smart people—e.g., the testers at Granta and the material experts using our software
- We have flexible hours in a light, airy, office
- Our projects are fast-growing, challenging, and demanding
- We like to learn to improve and share knowledge with each other
- We write unit tests, use source control, run continuous builds, develop in short iterations, and have fixed-in-time releases
- We have fast machines, dual monitors, and an MSDN subscription for access to the latest technologies
- We love the espresso machine, decent filter coffee and tea, and regular company lunches
- We work in central Cambridge but have ample parking for cars and bikes
- We’re a young (-ish) team but appreciate the generous pension and other great benefits
- We have a joker on the team who keeps us laughing
Our other teams aren't so interested in the MSDN subscription or continuous builds—but they also love working with smart people, the great coffee and benefits, and the excellent, informal working environment. And we have more than one joker!
Everything you need to know about applying for a job at Granta Design. Info for candidates and recruiters.