| A competitive salary
non-contributory pension (12.5%)
|Health and insurance benefits
|A friendly team
|Flexible working hours
| Joining us in Cambridge?
We have a newly-refurbished city center office, parking, cycle racks, and proper tea & coffee!
Regional Sales Manager, Italy
This position has now been filled, but please contact us if you are interested in similar roles.
Granta Design leads the materials information technology market, experiencing year-on-year growth over the past 10 years with a unique product and great reputation. Finmeccanica, Boeing, Ferrari, EADS and many other industry leaders world-wide are using our software to go higher, lighter, cheaper and greener.
To date, Granta has built its business disproportionately in Europe and North America. We now wish to appoint a new Regional Sales Manager to build a larger business in Italy.
Either based in Cambridge (UK) or in Italy, we are looking for candidates with experience of acquiring, maintaining and retaining key clients ideally with engineering/manufacturing experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and experience and can lead to progression in a number of directions within the company.
- Account development - build strategic relationships at the CIO/VP/Director level while engaging within divisional or departmental groups to develop new business opportunities and successfully close business
- Identify the needs of the customer and propose technical and non-technical solutions, while demonstrating value and business benefits to our customer’s business processes
- Develop, and regularly update territory and account plans designed to assist in the achievement of sales targets and to inform future sales forecasting activities.
- Close the sales of software and services and drive successful contract negotiations.
- Build and accurately forecast sales and prospect pipeline; meet and exceed sales target and plan
- Ensure superior customer service, following up with the customers on a regular basis.
- Perform in a team environment and co-ordinate with other departments to achieve targets and maintain customer satisfaction levels
- If based in UK, travel regularly to meet customers in the territory.
You will definitely:
- Be fluent in Italian and English
- Have a proven track record in sales or business development within an engineering environment
- Be experienced in identifying, developing and managing new business, and key accounts
- Be experienced engaging with CIO/VP/Director level
- Have excellent communication and organization skills and an ethical, professional manner
- Have a good understanding of engineering, materials or science
- Be able to prioritize and able to operate both independently and as part of a team
- An enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
You will probably:
- Also be fluent in Portuguese or French
- Have a background in engineering or technical software sales or enterprise solution software or SaaS
- Have some familiarity with larger industrial enterprises (aerospace, defense, energy, automotive and manufacturing)
- Have an engineering or science degree
- Have an International experience with the ability to work remotely with different nationalities.
We can offer you
- A competitive salary with open-ended commission plan
- A generous Non-Contributory pension (12.5%)
- Health and Insurance Benefits
- Share Options
- A newly refurbished office close to Cambridge city centre – with parking and cycle racks
- A friendly team
- Flexible working hours.
Granta Design is successful, focused, trusted, intelligent, and a great place to work. Come and join us.
Everything you need to know about applying for a job at Granta Design. Info for candidates and recruiters.
More information on Granta and some great reasons for coming to work here.