| A competitive salary
non-contributory pension (12.5%)
|Health and insurance benefits
|A friendly team
|Flexible working hours
| Joining us in Cambridge?
We have a newly-refurbished city center office, parking, cycle racks, and proper tea & coffee!
Education Manager (German speaking)
Supporting the use of Granta's resources at universities in Central Europe, East Europe, and the Middle East
£21-28k + performance (OTE £35-45k) depending on experience, 12.5% pension, health/gym, share options, central Cambridge offices
Granta Design is a rapidly growing engineering software company, a spin-off from Cambridge University and a world-leader in our field. Founded in 1994 based on the work of Professors Mike Ashby and David Cebon, our investors include Cambridge University and ASM International—the US-based professional society for materials engineers.
Granta’s Education Division has strong links to Cambridge University and a growing number of universities worldwide. We focus on creating high quality resources to support and enhance materials related education across design, engineering and science disciplines. Our main teaching resource, CES EduPack is very well-known and widely used throughout all years of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching at over 800 universities and colleges. To maintain our continued growth we are looking for a candidate to strengthen the team, working with higher education institutions in Europe and the Middle East.
Based in the beautiful and historic city of Cambridge, we offer a friendly, informal English speaking work environment and a great chance to advance your career by joining a high-calibre team at an exciting point in the company's development. Cambridge is a vibrant international city and enjoys excellent transportation links to London and Stansted airport.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and develop academic accounts in Central Europe, East Europe and in the Middle East
- Set up teaching and research licenses, support and grow the use of Granta’s resources with both existing and new academic customers through consultative sales, training and support
- Organize and run demonstrations over the web to senior academics and work collaboratively to assist them in their use of Granta’s teaching resources
- Support advanced teaching and research
- Develop and expand our network of academics and professional institutions
- Supervise summer student projects
- Some European travel will be necessary
You should ideally:
- Have either a Bachelor or Master Degree with 2-3 years of work experience or PhD in a Design, Engineering or Science subject—preferably with a link to materials.
- Be fluent in German and English (if you are fluent in French or Spanish please also consider our other Education roles)
- Be able to communicate effectively with senior academics, identify needs and support as appropriate and work with people at higher education institutions
- Have an interest in technology, education and research
- Be comfortable working individually and as part of a team
- Have some project management and/or sales skills
- Have some experience in an engineering, design or research environment
- Have some teaching experience
- Have attended and presented at international conferences
- Enjoy an international working environment and speak additional languages
What we can offer you
- A good salary package. Rewards linked to your achievements
- Career development opportunities either in the education or industry sector that flow from joining a rapidly growing, exciting organization
- A modern, spacious working environment and a casual, relaxed atmosphere
- A 12.5% non-contributory pension scheme
- Share Options
- Healthcare or gym membership
- Flexible working hours
Everything you need to know about applying for a job at Granta Design. Info for candidates and recruiters.
More information on Granta and some great reasons for coming to work here.