| A competitive salary
|A generous pension
|Health and insurance benefits
|A friendly team
|Flexible working hours
(engineering materials software; German-speaking)
£Competitive + benefits
You could be located from a home office in Germany (or convenient location for travel within Germany), or from our UK Cambridge-based Head Office
The Application Engineer position will appeal to a scientist or engineer, with good knowledge of engineering materials and ideally with commercial/business experience, keen to combine their technical expertise with the enthusiasm, energy, and ambition required for a customer-facing role.
Working closely with our Sales personnel and industry sector Product Managers, you will be responsible for the demonstration and implementation of our best-in-class GRANTA MI software, helping organizations manage and apply materials data in design, engineering, and procurement. Drawing on your engineering knowledge, IT skills, and proven consultative approach, you will be responsible for understanding the materials information workflows within our customer organizations, demonstrating the functionality and value of our solutions and guiding customers through successful pilot implementations.
Some of the special attractions of this job:
- Work with industry leaders in a variety of sectors—for instance Granta customers include Boeing, Covidien, GE, J&J, Lockheed Martin, Materion, NASA, Northrop Grumman, Oak Ridge National Labs, and many more
- Career development opportunities—into either more commercially or more technically focused responsibilities at Granta, depending on interests/inclination
- Join an enthusiastic and dedicated team and be part of a fast growing organization
- Allows you to work independently, and be innovative in technical sales approach to solving customer problems
What you will be doing:
- Understanding customer requirements and materials data workflow—determine use cases, help derive implementation vision and strategy, identify key metrics for project success
- Travelling to on-site demonstrations and implementation projects
- Designing and developing material and process databases for use in demonstrations to prospective customers
- Developing good relationships with customers’ key technical stakeholders, throughout software deployment and support
- Maintaining awareness of best practice within relevant technical communities, by attending conferences and trade events as required
- Identifying similarities/ differences/ trends in requirements between existing and prospective customers, and between industry sectors
- Working with Granta personnel to maintain demonstration software and demonstration application library
You will definitely:
- Be fluent in German
- Be qualified at least to a Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, or a closely related discipline
- Possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, an organized approach with good project management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Have strong process focus, able to see opportunities for process improvement
- Have an in-depth knowledge of office automation software including Excel, and preferably database applications and some VBA
You will probably:
- Have experience of working in, or supplying technology to, an industry served by Granta: for example, aerospace, defence, automotive, energy, medical, consumer, electrical, electronics, oil & gas…
- Have experience of using or implementing CAD/CAE/PLM software an advantage
- Have experience in installation, setup and management of Windows application software
Granta Design is successful, focused, trusted, intelligent, and a great place to work. Come and join us.
Everything you need to know about applying for a job at Granta Design. Info for candidates and recruiters.
More information on Granta and some great reasons for coming to work here.