Granta is the world leader in software to support R&D organizations in managing information relation to materials and in applying that information to understand key problems and make smart decisions. We collaborate closely with leading organizations across Research and Industry to develop and apply this technology.
Research organizations and societies
Granta works closely with many internationally-renowned societies and academic / government research centers. Our collaborations include: providing access to data from these organizations via the CES Selector or GRANTA MI software; helping these institutions to publish their data online; and providing materials data management tools.
- ASM International (the US society for materials engineers—co-owners of Granta)
- The Welding Institute (TWI), UK
- The National Institute of Materials Science (NIMS), Japan
- The UK National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
Example Consortia members include:
- General Motors
- Emerson Electric
- Jaguar Land Rover
Granta also works closely with many of the world's leading engineering companies. These organizations use Granta software and data, and participate in three collaborative projects organized by Granta:
- The Material Data Management Consortium (MDMC), focused on software for best practice management and use of essential materials data in engineering enterprises
- The Environmental Materials Information Technology Consortium (EMIT), creating tools to support decision-making in response to environmental objectives and regulatory challenges
- The AutoMatIC Consortium, optimizing materials information technology for the Automotive sector.
GRANTA MI materials data management
If your research group, department, or any of your collaborations generate large quantities of materials data, for example, from materials testing or research analysis, you may be interested in GRANTA MI, the leading system for materials data management in engineering enterprises. Contact Granta for more information.