Summary of license types
|Campus / Department||Provides maximum flexibility for supporting multiple courses and all years of study. Use any Edition for any course and student at your university campus, college, or department. The software can be installed in Teaching Labs, put on your network, and given to students to install on their own computers for project work. More|
|Enrollment||Covers specific Editions and users. The software can be installed in Teaching Labs, put on your network, and given to students to install on their own computers for project work. More|
|Teaching Lab||Covers specific Editions and enables you to install the software on a specific number of computers. More|
|Research licenses||CES Selector can be supplied in a package with CES EduPack to support advanced teaching and research programs. More|
|Existing customer?||To discuss a change in your license, get in touch|
|Reseller?||Granta is the developer and sole supplier of CES EduPack. More|
What are the system requirements?
To install CES EduPack on your PC, you will need the following:
- A compatible Microsoft® Windows® operating system;
Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit,
Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit,
Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit.
- 2 GB of RAM (more is recommended when using large databases).
- 3.5 GB of available hard disk space.
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5.1, Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1, and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio. If any of these are not installed, they will be installed during the CES EduPack installation. For the French language installation, you will also require the French language packs for these, which are usually installed with your OS.
- Administrator rights.
Do you want to use CES EduPack as a core educational resource throughout your curriculum or make it available to all students for project work?
This is the most flexible licensing option—it is entirely up to you how students and educators use the CES EduPack. You may install it on any computer on your campus or department and provide it to educators and students for project work and use at home. The license can include an option to use all of our CES EduPack Editions.
The benefits of campus licensing are:
|Teaching:||Opportunity to access any Edition of CES EduPack.
|Flexibility:|| Install CES EduPack on any university computer and provide educators and students with personal copies for project work and home use.
|Installation:||A single network image can be created—reducing installation and testing time.
|Administration:||Simplified software license agreement and ordering process.
|Price:||Lower cost-per-student once the number of potential students exceeds 400 per year|
Granta also offers regular web training designed to support campus and department licenses. These short web meetings help bring new educators quickly up-to-speed and are available at no extra cost. More on web training
This is a student-focused license that enables specific editions of CES EduPack to be licensed for specific courses. It offers each student on the courses covered the opportunity to have their own copy of CES EduPack for project work and home use. Pricing is based on the number of students enrolled on courses, rather than the number of physical 'seats' on which the CES EduPack is installed. The smallest license can be used with up to 100 students.
- Annual and multi-year options. Receive the latest version of CES EduPack each year at a time that suits you.
- Install CES Edupack on any computer at your university for use by students enrolled on the courses coved by the license.
- Provide copies of CES EduPack to students for self-study and project work on personal computers.
- The cost-per-student is usually 20-50% of the price of a typical textbook, depending on the Edition of CES EduPack selected.
Note: The enrollment-based license also provides a copy for each course instructor.
This is a traditional perpetual license that enables specific editions of CES EduPack to be installed on a number of fixed physical ‘seats’. The smallest license size is ten seats.
- Perpetual license - often the best option if there is one-off funding available.
- Stability – upgrade to the latest version of CES EduPack when you want